Thursday, December 11, 2008

"There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays"

It's probably because I'm big and prego and I can't go anywhere right now, but I'm really homesick to be at my parents home or in Idaho, or somewhere with snow for the Holidays. I almost cry every time I hear Christmas songs about being home and with family. I'm sure that part of it is the hormones, but I really miss the traditions that became a part of my life growing up.

It does help that Izzy is super excited for Christmas. She never tires of pointing out the Christmas lights, Christmast trees, and big blow up Santa Clauses around town. She was so excited when we decorated our tree. I think she wakes up in the middle of the night and tries to turn it on herself. I really can't wait until she sees what Santa brings her. That will honestly be the best gift I get this Christmas.
Putting the angel high on top of the tree.

Izzy had a special spot for all the Christmas balls.

Isabella was looking out the window tonight and said, "Mommy, the sky is pink." Sure enough it was pink. She also told me it was yellow and orange. It's been a while since I enjoyed a sunset, so I took a picture.

8 comments:

The Miller's said...

awww dont be sad but I understand that would be hard. Iam praying for snow. Weather we get it before or after christmas or even on Christmas I want snow. stay strong friend. You have alot going on right now..The holidays and a baby on the way that would be hard.

Trish&Heath said...

At least you have hormones to blame it on! I ALWAYS cry when I listen to Cristmas songs.. The worst one is the one where the boy buys those shoes for his dying mom...

Becca said...

Good job at decorating your tree! I sure am a loser and didn't do much of it. My decorations are still in TN!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Oh, I am sorry you are homesick. I know the feeling. Just remember that Izzy is making her memories and someday it will be you that she is homesick for! Your tree looks great.

Snedakers said...

Yeah its hard being away from family this time of year. Good thing we have cute kids to focus and and their excitedness for the holidays. I'm sure pregnancy hormones have a lot to do with it. We missed you guys at thanksgiving.
Merry Christmas
Chris and Natalie

Andersons said...

Aren't holidays so much better with little kids? Just think - Izzy's making memories of her own right now and someday she'll long to be with you guys for the holidays!

You're one lucky girl - have a great Christmas with your gorgeous family!

The Harrises said...

I'm curious what Santa is bringing her too. Do you know?
That is a beautiful sunset. Hope you're feeling well and that Justin has Christmas off.

Summer said...

Izzy is getting so big and cute! And I've never not been "home for the holidays" so I can't imagine-especially if you don't get snow! It is nice to have our own little family celebrations though.
Have a Merry Christmas!