Monday, June 2, 2008

Growing Up

Isabella has gone through some major changes this past month. She is no longer a baby, but becoming a little girl. It's kind of exciting but a little sad. If you are a parent, you know what I mean. I am so proud of all the things Izzy is learning and all that she can do.

These are the really big steps she has taken towards becoming a big girl:

1. Sleeping in a toddler bed. She loves the freedom of getting in and out of bed. I always find her with books and stuffed animals piled on her bed in the morning (notice she is still wearing socks).

2. We are all done with the paci!! It was so much easier that I thought. We actually just lost all of them and so I couldn't give it to her. She asked for it a few times, but then she didn't care. Yay!!

3. We finally moved from the high chair to a booster seat. Izzy loves sitting at the table with mom and dad. She helps me wipe up the table after she's eating. What can I say? I trained her well!

This last picture isn't really a big girl step, I just think it's hilarious that she built this tall tower on top of a canister of empty protein powder.

7 comments:

Emily said...

So hard to watch your children get older!! But she is darling!! (And can I tell you how excited I got when I saw she was sleeping with the GREEN RAINBOW BRIGHT DOLL!!!!!! love it! Patty O'Green, I used to pretend to be here, because I am greene after all :) )

Andersons said...

Go Izzy! Cute princess bed.

TheTennesseeWilliams said...

Oh mercy, shes getting so big, I love it! Hope she starts feeling better soon! Congrats to you guys!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

So cute...and so grown up! I can't believe it!! She is a doll. Way to go on the milestones.

Becca said...

Oh my Heck! That picture on her booster seat she looks so old. Like over 2 even! I totally miss her. Justin wants to build towers with her when he comes to see you next week. Miss ya! See ya soon:-)

Becca said...

Wow, she is growing up so fast. That is some big stuff! Thanks for surviving the 3 minute car ride with our craziness last night..what the heck was that??? :)

How It All Started! said...

Holy cow! Your family is so cute! I saw your name on Sara's blog and checked out yours. This is Sara's friend, Deedra, if you remember me. Anyway, your daughter is adorable and it was fun to read about you and your family. Glad you are doing great!