Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunday Planning

Justin is working a 24 hour (7 a.m. today - 7 a.m. tomorrow) shift today. I admit the thought of getting up and getting two kids ready for 9:00 a.m. church by myself did not sound like fun. Then I thought, we might as well try it. I bathed Izzy last night and took a shower myself also. That meant this morning's check list was as follows:
  • Nurse Wes
  • Eat Breakfast
  • Feed Izzy
  • Get myself ready (hair, make-up, find an outfit that doesn't make me look too chubby)
  • Get Izzy ready (dress, hair, potty)
  • Bath and dress Wes
  • Pack diaper bag
  • Pack Izzy's bag
  • Load up Kids and bags (three, including my YW's bag, I really need a bigger bag)

Izzy got up around 6:30 so that basically meant I had two hours to get everything done. I hoped that we had enough of a buffer in case of any unplanned events.

I would say things went pretty smooth. We were all ready to go and I looked at the clock, 8:10. Holy Cow!! I was so impressed that I had 20 minutes to spare. Hence the cute picts. Enjoy!

What a cute dude! His hair looks kind of red. It doesn't look red in real life (sorry Dad).

Izzy in her "Princess" Dress My attempt at getting a picture of them together.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Nice job Abby. I'm impressed. It's funny cause it's usually the times when I think it wont be hard that I am late - I get overly confident. I love that you had time to take such cute pictures.

The Miller's said...

Mercy! You had a busy morning bless your heart. I feel the pain. Matt had to be a Sulphur Well this morning he left at 4:45. Grant woke up 3 times I finally got him to go back to sleep at 6:30 and I was so tired and becasue of lack of sleep my stomach was hurting so I never made it he ended up waking up at 8:45.

aminut said...

So so cute! I'm glad you had time to take the pics. I love the pictures! It's always nice being ready early w/ time to spare. Doesn't seem like it happens too often with me so when it does I can't believe how much less stressful it is. Way to go. I hope the church part wasn't stressful either.

Andersons said...

Oh my cute Izzy with a headband and what a handsome little dude Wes is in his church getup!

P.S. The word chubby makes me laugh.

The Harrises said...

What cute little moments of Izzy with her brother. It sounds like you live a little ways away from the church like we do. 8:30 AM comes quick, I am just glad that being without a husband you had time to spare.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Way to go Abby! Izzy reminded me so much of you in those pictures with her laughing. Both of them are just adorable.

Becca said...

Oh my heck the head band is killing me! She is so stinkin' cute. Wes is supper handsome too.

Summer said...

such cute kids! way to go, I'm impressed! Isn't it amazing how much harder getting out the door is with 2? especially when one is nursing! it does take a lot of planning and I'm usually late!