Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow = Christmas

Isabella: "Yay!! It's snowing!! Now we can get those Christmas things out! Yay!!!"

I wish it were that simple.

We were thrilled about our 4 inches of snow and couldn't wait to get all bundled up to head out for 10 minutes of making snow angels and foot prints. I wish I had a sled or something. I honestly don't if know if you can buy one here. It still astounds me how the world shuts down when it snows. Church was canceled today and school is canceled for tomorrow. Oh it's not snowing any more, it's just that the pavement isn't showing or something. I'm sure they have their reasons though. I'm thankful they want to keep everyone safe.


Poor Wes. I really thought that he needed a "first snow" experience. However the only 12 month snow clothing we have is extra-sparkly pink. I hope he doesn't dislike me for this picture one day. He still looks like a little boy to me. :)

7 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

We got the same storm, and were shut down too! It does make one laugh. And, I must admit, Wes in the pink snowsuit had me cracking up. When you are only going to use it once though, hand me downs are the only way to go!

aminut said...

Poor Wes is right but you gotta do what ya gotta do. Now when I watch Christmas Story I'll always think of wes except no bunny costume-just pink. Other than pink- hand me downs is the way!

The Miller's said...

Super cute Abby!!! So fun to watch the kids have fun. Love wes little outfit heck as long as he was warm thats all the matter he is a cute little boy for sure

Emily said...

What cute kids, and Wes is lucky he gets pink and sparkly, because he got to experience the snow! How much fun!

Unknown said...

so cute! our girls had a blast in the snow. they used a little pool ring to slide down our backyard. wes in the pink suit really made me smile. good luck to you in 15 years when he sees this!
:)

Andersons said...

Yay for snow angels! And you could totally photoshop that snowsuit to be blue. :-)

The Harrises said...

I took a double take on Wes, I thought he was a girl. He will probably despise you for that, but your come back is that he was warm. Glad the snow was fun! we only got the tipppy top of the storm, enough to make a skiff.