Sunday, February 12, 2012

We love Pop Tarts!!


My kiddos love to eat pop tarts for breakfast. Honestly, I'm kinda lazy in the morning and they are just such and easy breakfast. My mom is horrified by this and sometimes I am too. She would make us breakfast every morning before school. I hope that when my kids start school I do a little better at breakfast. Until then, it's pop tarts or dry cereal with a cup of milk.

So I saw instructions for making pop tarts on Pintrest and I know that I had to give it a go. Here's the link if you want to try your own: pop tarts

The yummy filling.
Make sure they are sealed extra tight!!
Already to bake.
Lots of sprinkles please!!
Eat up!!

Izzy had the awesome idea to use a store bought pop tart as a pattern for our pop tarts. But we decided we like them to be smaller. We also decided next time we would try raspberry jam and that the pie crust needed to be rolled a little thinner. We had a super fun time!!

4 comments:

The Harrises said...

Good luck getting breakfast made before school! Although by the looks of the pictures, it looks like Izzy could handle making breakfast herself!

Shane & Valorie said...

Super great idea! I think I should give your poptarts a try sometime. ;)

Emily said...

What cutie patooties. Love seeing you two girls cute faces!

Karla said...

Hey, I really enjoy reading about your family. So welcome back. My family also LOVES poptarts, but for them it is only a snack because I make breakfast most mornings. Good thing Skyler watch and learned how to make eggs. That is all he knows how to cook in Argentina. Lots of eggs for him I suppose. Your children are darling. Love and miss you guys.