Friday, March 6, 2009

Daddy's Little Girl

Justin has been putting in some long hours this very long rotation (pediatric anesthesia) and when he's home, he has been reading a ton to prepare for an exam he takes tomorrow.

Last night he got home after 7:30 p.m. and I had just put Izzy to bed. I was trying to keep her up to see her daddy, but she said she was ready to go to sleep. Justin was pretty sad not to see her, so he went into her room to tell her goodnight.

He said that he walked in and she got the biggest grin on her face. He knelt by her bed and she puckered up for a kiss. They than had this conversation.

Justin: "I miss you Izzy."

Iz: "I miss you too, Daddy."

Justin: "I love you Izzy."

Iz: "I love you too, Daddy."

Justin: "I know I've been busy, but we will play Saturday, Okay?"

Iz: "Okay Daddy."

When he told me their conversation, I nearly started crying it was so sweet. I think Justin was a little teary-eyed too. It's so great knowing a kid loves you more than anything else is the whole world. I love that Justin is the rock star of Izzy's world! Don't worry, I'm a rock star in her world too, probably bigger than Justin. :)

3 comments:

Becca said...

Any race car Case sees he starts yelling Dada Dada...very cute that he know where his daddy is when he's not home.

The Parents said...

Abby, what a fun blog. I saw you made a comment on Bryce & Amy's and clicked on yours. What beautiful children you have. Maybe we can all go to Disney the next time, like we went to New York. We sure enjoyed your company there.
Mary

aminut said...

O this makes me cry. I so so so understand the feeling. The need for simple play, the need for simple love, the need for a simple conversation & a simple laugh. Children bring us simplisity in the most amazing love. Justin I feel for you & I'm there with you too! It is so hard to feel like your putting them off yet again & again I know. It's an achy feeling, huh? I always refer back to the times of when mom & dad were in school understanding that we'll make it through too. You are so tuff and such a good daddy. This will pass and you will be one SMART daddy with 2 babies looking up to you & respecting you for all that you will be doing & have done for your family. God bless you & your cute family. There's a lot of love there!