Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall! Finally!!!

We had extended summer weather this year. Every day I look at the forecast in anticipation of seeing those highs dip into the 70s. It seems to have taken forever, but we are finally getting some decent weather. We have been spending hours at the park, walking on the greenway, and playing outside. My housework has been suffering because I'm trying to soak up every single minute of the delicious autumn goodness while I can. Housework can wait.

Here is a quick run down of our October:

Sidewalk chalk for HOURS!


I ran in two 5K races this month with my friend, Brooke. Our times improved by almost a minute for one run to the next. Izzy also participated in her first race ever (a 1K). So proud of her for finishing. Can I just say, best running weather ever!!!

Getting ready for Halloween by decorating our annual Haunted House.
We went to Honeysuckle Farm on Saturday. So fun to spend time together as a family. We enjoyed all the activities and came home completely covered in dirt.

How do I get on the other side of this fence?

The corn maze. Do we look lost or what?

Hay Ride

The Corn Popper

Picking Pumpkins from the Patch

2 comments:

Andersons said...

Yay for Fall! And I can't believe how big Wes is getting!!

Emily said...

Wes looks so grown up! I love pumpkin patches and fall weather. Looks like i'ts just beautiful!