Sunday, October 19, 2008

Big Balloons

The other morning we were upstairs watching Mickey Mouse Club House and Isabella started shouting, "Balloon, Balloon!" I didn't think much of it, but then I glanced out our window. Two hot air balloons were coming up out of the trees and heading straight for our house. We ran and put our shoes on and ran outside. Izzy kept yelling, "Hi balloon!," up towards the sky. They floated right over us and you could hear the people inside saying hi back. We watched them until they were out of sight.


I am so grateful to have the spontaneous delight of a child in my home. It is so fun to discover the amazing world through her eyes. I love the she gets excited to see a bus or a pumpkin and that she tells me every single time. I am thankful for the opportunity to share her world every day!

10 comments:

Becca said...

So cute. Wow, awesome pic! You're right...it's great to see things through their eyes.

aminut said...

Abby & Izzy--what a DAY! That is so awesome. It is the simplist things that bring pleasure. Izzy thanks for sharing your day with us too! Wish we could carve some happy pumpkins with you. I'm glad that you both liked the gift. I don't know about you but bath toys are far & few between so I couldn't just get rid of those. Bath toys are always a HOT item. You did really good on the pic with her & the balloon in the back yard. Call anytime ok never too busy for you guys.
Lots of loves

The Miller's said...

awesome picture looks like something you would see out of normal rockwell classic looking

Andersons said...

Kids are the best teachers, aren't they?

Becca said...

you need to frame that first picture!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

that is so cute. I can't believe you could hear the people saying hi! back. I'm sure she loved that.

Katie said...

such a great post. I agree - it's so fun to see things through an excitable child's eyes.

aminut said...

I love your site's new do. So so cute!

Trish&Heath said...

How fun!! Rhett would've loved that. Whenever he gets a balloon he likes to let it go in the backyard and watch it fly away. Way cute cake by the way!!!

Summer said...

ok, that picture needs to be a postcard or something--it's perfect. Also, I love the new picture at the top--so cute!
Oh, and your cake making skills are awesome--I'll hire you for my kids' birthdays ;)