Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I hope all of you had a great turkey day. My day turned out really nice despite the fact that the turkey took a little longer to cook (about an hour, yeah I was nervous). We did Thanksgiving at our house. We were hoping that the Bryce and Amy could come, but Amy understandably didn't feel up to the drive (she is eight months pregnant). We planned on dinner with the Hansens (family of four) and Justin's grandparents at first. Then our friends the Kerns (another family of four) ended up coming to town last second and came over to eat. Our friend, Scott, joined us because his family was out of town and he had to stay and work. All in all we had nine adults and five kids. Not too shabby. We had a ton of food, so everything worked out well.

Case, the baby of the group at 16 months. Poor guy, we only have girly bibs at our house currently.
Let the feast begin!
Justin and Ethan are good buddies.
Becca H. and I trying to time everything just right. Do you love my 33 weeks prego belly?
When the magic button wasn't popping out of the turkey, we inserted my fancy meat thermometer. It made us so happy every time we saw the temperature go up a degree.

These are some really cute picts of Izzy that Becca K. took today when she came to visit me for awhile. I'm hoping she will convince her husband that she needs to move back so we can hang out all the time. Anyway, I thought the pictures were super cute. Plus it showcases what I do all day with Isabella. Yeah, she loves her Ponies and her Rocket. Mostly it's all about playing Ponies.

9 comments:

aminut said...

My goodness how long Izzy's hair is getting! She's getting so big. In the cute my pony/little einstein pics I think that Izzy looks so much like Alex in her eyes & expression. So I guess that means their Justin's eyes according to my friend who insist that Alex is our little Justin.
I love the cards at the table and I bet everyone (especially the kids) slept nice after the the BIG feast. Yum!!!
I was just hoping you'd put an updated pic of your cute belly and wahlla- you did! Thank you because you look so cute. I hope you are feeling well.
Happy Thanksgiving

The Harrises said...

Love the new do on your blog. How you feeling after preparing that big meal? A turkey is a lot of stress especially for those who are pregnant.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

That is the fanciest meat thermometer I have ever seen! Wow. Your prego belly is so cute! I can't believe you are 33 weeks already! Happy Thanksgiving.

Becca said...

I love it when I get a shout out in a blog. Thanks for loving me! Believe me that I wish Loren would get a job back home. I miss you tons!

Andersons said...

Good job cooking for the masses - and super prego at that!

I'll be thinking of you these next few weeks!! :-)

Emily said...

Way to go! I have never made dinner for more than my family, and I must say, you're little belly is so cute! Hope you put your feet up when you were done!
:)

Trish&Heath said...

WOW! You are so grown up cooking your own Thanksgiving dinner and all..plus with that cool meat thermometer!I am so jealous of you girls who just grow a little basketball in your tummies and don't puff out anywhere else...

Rachelle said...

Those are seriously the cutest pictures of your little girl. Really, really adorable. That is funny that you commented on my barking dog song. It kind of annoys me, but my kids like it... so I leave it on. Glad you enjoyed it.

Mary said...

Wow, you're so close to having a boy! Are you excited? I bet Izzy will love her new brother. She's so cute. Happy Holidays!!