Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My Nesting Projects

I've been trying to keep busy getting ready for Christmas and Baby Boy (probably to be named Wesley) Wilson hoping that time will fly (it hasn't). I don't consider myself a crafty person by any means. I do like to try to make things and I feel a sense of accomplishment for my creations. It just seems like I'm ultimately a little disappointed because I can't make anything perfect. At that point I just tell myself to move on and accept something homemade for what it is. All the imperfections add character.


Here is a small sample of what I've been doing to keep busy:

Christmas tins for Justin's family that live in the area.
A quiet book for Izzy. These are my favorite pages. Much thanks to Devrie and Megan for all their help!
This is Izzy's favorite page

Quilt/bumper pads/burp clothes for Baby Boy Wilson.
I also made a hooded towel for the newly born Garrett Carter and fleece blankets that fold into pillows for my nephews in Utah. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't.
It's been lots of fun to create. Our next big project is painting the baby's room and getting it all ready!

11 comments:

Jaime said...

Whatever, you're not crafty. Ha ha. Those are so adorable and look very complicated. good job. I should do a quiet book, did you make it up? Looks great.

Andersons said...

Wow Abigail Webigail - you've been a busy mama! You're putting all the rest of us to shame.

Emily said...

I'm feeling guilty that I am reading your blog instead of getting ready for baby! Can't wait to meet this little man...It's getting so close! :)

Tiffany Johnson said...

I'd say you're pretty crafty! That quiet book is adorable, and I want to know what is in those family tins, they are beautiful. Hope your last few weeks go well (and quickly!), can't wait to hear about a safe healthy arrival!

Dave and Mel said...

Abby- this stuff is amazing! you don't just whip out stuff like that, it takes a lot of time, I am impressed! I love how you linked the talked to the work "create" too- very cool. Love ya babe! mel

george said...

hay abby I just opened my blog here is my address. shimertime.blogspot.com

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I think it all looks wonderful. The quiet time book is awesome. I can't wait for your post about your new baby!!

aminut said...

I just have to give a shout out to Abs for her hard & APPRECIATED work. I could take a picture of the blankets she made that turn into pillows but it just wouldn't do justice for how happy and comfy it makes my boys. It's perfect too because they match their personalities: space & Thomas "choo choo". Thanks Abby for sharing your love and your hard work. You did excellante!!! You forgot to mention the hard work that you put into the scrapbooky calendars---that is WAY awesome too. I loved how you did the canisters. Your WOW is ROCKIN baby!

Lindsay said...

What awesome projects! I wish that we were neighbors so we could work on them together. That quiet book is perfect, and cutest tins, and baby bedding.

The Barkers said...

Hi! It's Christina! I haven't seen you in forever! My mom said that everyone had a blog, so I thought I would make one as well. I heard that you had a little girl. She is beautiful! Love the video! I had no idea you were pregnant again though! Congrats! Hope you and your family are doing well.
Christina

The Miller's said...

You better let me know when that baby comes so I can come visit!