Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Way to Go, Idaho!!


This was the absolute best part of our entire trip for me. All of my cousins on the Bennett side were able to meet up past Driggs and camp for two nights. My mom and I went up a few days early so we could visit St. Anthony. I ate a pizza bomb from Big J's, went to Horsey Park, and visited some old friends still living on 4th North. It brought back all sorts of memories from my childhood.

Camping was just perfect. We did get some rain the first night up but the kids loved it. Thanks to all the great cooks, we ate some excellent dutch oven food. And, oh man, our hike up Table Rock, was, well words cannot express how much I loved it. Yes it was long and hard and I was sore, but being cold on the top of that mountain was totally woth it. I had forgotten how beautiful the view was from the top. Very grateful to all those who made this trip possible!!

Already for the seven hours of hiking coming up.
Dad and his little bro, Steve.
I love my sis Amber, she ran with me down the mountain!
Everyone made it too the top!
This is my cousin Chris's daughter. I loved her bouquet of wild flowers.
Izzy loved the wild flowers too. Indian Paintbrush was all over the place.
Brooke, Keaton, and Beau setting up their tent.

No comments: