Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Love/Hate Relationship with Summer

Yeah for swimming and getting a tan (don't worry, I wear ample amounts of sunscreen thanks to Justin caring about me so much).

Boo for humidity.

Yeah for Popsicles.


Boo for not being able to step outside without having to take another shower.


Yeah for blowing bubbles.


Boo for being stuck inside all day because it's so hot and humid that my couch ends up looking like this (although it is kind of funny).

Yeah for watermelon.

Boo for it being too humid to run outside and push a stroller without become seriously dehydrated and feel like you are about ready to pass out. Plus you can hardly breath because the air is so thick.

Last but not least, yeah for air conditioning and fans!!


We really have had an okay summer, but this week the humidity is out of control!! I don't think I will ever be used to it, no matter how long I live in the south. I really, really despise it. I can't wait for the cooler, drier air to come in so I can get outside and play with Izzy and go jogging or biking again.

6 comments:

Becca said...

I loved the fun post! Supper cute pictures of Izzy!

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

Too funny. I actually like the humidity better than dry heat now. I got west and think my skin is going to flake off. It is a bummer about no running outside and minimal time with outdoor activities.

The Miller's said...

Tell me about it WAY TOO DANG HOT!! Nothing can make you feel cool except being in the house and that gets boring after a while. Love the stickers on the couch that is funny!

Andersons said...

There's plenty of dry heat here for you in Idaho! Come visit me!

TheTennesseeWilliams said...

Awww, that pic of Emma and Izzy is too cute! Fun post and I agree, I HATE THE HUMIDITY! I am ready to get back to AZ in a couple weeks and get some real air to breathe!

Carter Family said...

Nice to see an update. I know I haven't been updating mine either. I think your post was cute though...er...I mean...freakin cool. Whatever.
Bryce