Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Huge Milestone!

On Sunday I actaully got to sit in Sunday School, open my scriptures and contribute to the disscussion. Yep, Isabella is 18 months old and that means nursery. Hurray!!! She was so good. I think it helped that her friends Emma and Greta were there. The leaders had to come and get me to change her diaper and when I took her back, she cried for a minute. But when Justin went to get her after church, he said she was having fun and played with all the kids.
Grandma Wilson made Izzy this Easter dress, only she had like three Easter dresses, so this is the first chance we had to wear it. What a cutie!!


At her 18 month check up, Izzy weighed 23 pounds (about 25th percentile) and was 32 1/2 inches tall (about the 85th percentile). She absolutely hated her doctors appointment. She really doesn't like anyone to touch her including Justin and me sometimes. She screamed and cried the whole time. Any suggestions on how to help? I guess she doesn't have to go again until she is 2, so hopefully she will be better.

I'm so proud of my Isabella Dawn and how much she is learning and growing. Her day to day accomplishments constantly amaze me. I'm even more amazed when Justin comes home after not seeing her for a few days and recognizes all her new tricks. I love you Izzy!!!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Christopher used to joke that after our kids went to Nursery, going to church was like going on a date! You really appreciate it after trying to entertain them at church for all 3 hours, and I am so glad she did so well there, hopefully it will continue for you! And by the way.. Isabel looks so grown up in these pictures! I can't believe it!

Becca said...

she is so pretty! Atleast she's been able to wear her Easter Dresses. It's been too cold here so the boys haven't been able to wear their's. But I have hope for this Sunday!

The Miller's said...

She is getting so big!! Your family is so creative. She always has on cute dresses from family.

The Miller's said...

She is getting so big!! Your family is so creative. She always has on cute dresses from family.

Andersons said...

Ahhh, kids in the nursery. I've often contemplated going inactive until my children have reached 18 months. Church is a totally different experience now, is it not? Congratulations Abby - you made it! Here's to EVERYONE having a good time at church. :-)

AMinUT said...

Hi Abby,
I feel your frustrations w/Dr. appointments. Though this last one for Alex's Kindergarten was a doozy! Every one has gone well so I don't know what happened but I think that I was needing a shot (more like a tranquilizer) instead of him getting the shot. He really over reacted in a way I've never experienced before. I was so mad when I left. It took me and the nurse to hold him down and I think the whole hospital heard. (Though he is 4- he's as big as a 6 yr. old-so it was tough.) He was screaming, yelling, and kicking. Oh, this is embarrassing but I'm giving you an ugly side so that you can sigh in relief. ha ha ha! I mean I can't even describe it in my writing. He got in trouble and I had to explain that it was ok to be scared, nervous, cry, etc. BUT that it was inappropriate to act how he did toward the nurse. I mean he is a good boy so I don't know what happened??? Well I know kids are teachers so I hope he's not preparing me for Benjamin (yikes). And do you know that as soon as the needle entered his thigh he stopped. You'd think that he would have started as soon as it entered his thigh. It was all the anticipation I guess.
Izzy does look much older here and so pure and fresh. This dress looks like she should be running through a field of lavender or flowers or something. I bet she smells as sweet too! Give her a BIG kiss from me will ya?

Becca said...

You're such a great mom. She's lucky to have you. Cute dress...

Carter Family said...

One of the greatest days you will experience in church is when your kids finally go to nursery. Trust me it never gets old. Each kid is just as sweet as the last.
bryce