Friday, April 11, 2008

Special Girl

This is my first post ever, I don't like blogs and don't usually do this sort of thing but I feel compelled to make an entry. The other day I forgot my cell phone and pager when I left for work, usually this is not a big deal. I got off from work very late, I was on an acute pain service so I felt an obligation to stick around and get all my patients pain free. I was on my way home when I noticed steam from my hood, next thing I knew I was broke down in the middle of no where. I walked a ways until I reached a house where I could use a phone, after much coaxing I managed to talk the nice fellow into calling my wife, who did not answer. So anyway I finally got home around 10pm, those of you who know me know this is late to me. I noticed my cell phone had about 20 missed calls with about 5 messages. I was heart broken over the news that those messages revealed. I have a friend, the type you never talk to but when you go home it is like you never left. Well his daughter passed away, all I could do was cry for him. You see, I have been changed. Before I had sympathy, having a little girl of my own has given me empathy. I just kept imagining myself in his shoes, and how he must feel. After I spoke with him I learned he must be the strongest person I know, I am honored to be friends with such an individual. It's times like these that knowledge and eternal perspective is a blanket of comfort.

5 comments:

The Miller's said...

awwwww!! That makes me want to cry.

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

You did great for your first post Justin. It is always a wake up call to hear stories like that. It makes you want to just hug your spouse and kids and make sure they know you love them.

Becca said...

Awesome post, Justin. I can't even imagine.

Hey, next time you break down right by my house you better have your wife call US!

AMinUT said...

Hey Just,
Thanks for your post. It's a reminder that you really are still here with us and not just at the other end.
You mean the world to me and your comments let me see.

Carter Family said...

That is a sad post post. I am glad to see you post though. I think you should do it more.
bryce