Sunday, April 6, 2008

What I did during Conference

I very much enjoyed the parts of Conference I was able to watch this weekend. There were several talks that seemed to pinpoint exact answers to my prayers. Our leaders are truly inspired from God. I admit that during the solemn assemble Saturday morning I became a little choked up to sustain a new prophet. Mostly it was because it was sad that we would not get to hear from President Hinkley, but also because I was able to stand a sustain President Monson and I know that he will lead our church wisely. He is indeed of Prophet of God.

Isabella slept through both morning sessions, so those were the ones I actually got to listen to the most. They were also the sessions I could sit and scrapbook while listening. I have been aching to get some good scrap booking done. We had a scrap booking group in our ward get together last week and since than I have been crazy about tying up loose ends in a bunch of my old books. It helped that I ordered some stuff that I needed to finish up. Anyway, I'm very proud to say that I am nearly scrapbooked to date (eat your heart out Jensa)!! I have been working on Isabella's book and today I nearly finished all the picts from 2007.

Okay so here is my huge plug for Creative Memories:

They have these packages called Power Pallets that are absolutely amazing. I have spent lots of money on random paper and never used it (in fact I still have it in a pile somewhere). These packs come with everything you need for creating an entire year of pictures and they are beautiful!! The thing that I love the most is everything coordinates well and the idea book tells you exactly where to put everything. For me, not being creative or wanting to spend a year figuring out what to do with my pictures, this works perfectly. I accomplished so much in such a short period of time and it looks so fun. I also was able to do a lot of journaling which is so important to me. I'm still attempting to run a business, so if you are interested in any products or have any questions, just let me know.

CM recently changed to true 12x12 pages (before they were like 12x11.75 or something) which is so great. One of my friends took all her 12x12 pages out of her very unsafe binder album and stuck them directly in new CM album. It looks great and took her hardly any time. My sister, Amy, is planning on doing the same thing because the cheaper albums she purchased are ruining her pages. If you can't tell, I'm a huge advocate for using CM supplies. I have tried other products and I always come back to CM. If you want to check out the new fabulous products, you can go to my website:

www.mycmsite.com/sites/abbywilson

You can directly order from that site and have products shipped to your door.

Here is sample of some of my work. The first three are pages I did today and yesterday. The other two are from Izzy's baby book that I absolutely love. Let me know what you think.



12 comments:

Kim and Ken Carlile said...

I have not scrapbooked in years! For some reason, I have just gotten out of the habit. I still have been making a lot of cards, but just not scrapbooks, maybe I should start again!

I'm Always Rite said...

How odd to see "layouts" in an actual scrapbook. Usually my friends just post photos of the single page. So nice to see that they eventually do go into a book to be admired by all who open it's pages. :) I like your blog by the way. :)

Andersons said...

Abigail webigale! I'm super jealous that you're scrapbooking up to date. Guess how much scrapbooking I've done since I moved to ID 2 years ago? None. Nada. Nil. Zilch. I believe all of those words mean zero (your favorite number I'm sure, even though it's not really a number...have we had this discussion before?) Anyway, I am eating my heart out becuase I wish I was there with you to scrapbook! Good job. :-)

The Miller's said...

Those look AWESOME!!!!

Rachelle said...

Those look great. Like Kim... I haven't scrapbooked in years and am super overwhelmed to think of trying to catch up now. Good for you for finally getting it done.

TheTennesseeWilliams said...

Yay for you! Good job they look great! Hooray for Creative Memories and just so you dont lose sleep over it I plan on moving the rest of my pages over to a safe CM album when I get my stuff ordered from the party tomorrow night! :)

Becca said...

So, thanks for getting me in your scrapbook and justin-case your wondering I changed my last post to give you credit where credit is do...so don't leave anymore hate comments:-)
Love Ya!

Carter Family said...

Ab, those pages are awesome! I can't wait to get out my power pallette! Especially to see such big results in a matter of hours! That's really amazing! I'm glad that you keep me motivated to do my scrapbooking too, though I'm not nearly caught up as you, I do find that it's a lot easier when you have a company like Creative Memories that makes it motivating and easy to get caught up. It's worth the time, I think, to go back and get it all done.

Jaime said...

they look great Abs,
I remember going to one of your Creative Memory parties years ago. Good times

Summer said...

beautiful! so, since you're so caught up and all, I think I'll just send you a box of pictures in the mail and let you take care of mine also, while you're in the scrapbooking mood, ya know...

Emily said...

Scrapbooking? What's scrapbooking? I don't think I have seen one of my own in over 3 years?!?!? I have made many for other people, but I am so impressed that you are scrapbooked up to date. I think I might just print my blog and call it a scrapbook. Do you think I might be able to fool anyone ? :)
Love you babs.

AMinUT said...

Great pages! It's great that you all have family and friends to make memories with.
Keep up the awesome work