Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

The 4th of July has always been my favorite holiday. I love the parades, cookouts, family time, and fireworks. I love the reminder that the United States allows us freedoms that are so rare in this world. Even when I think about being on a budget and no being able to do everything I want to do, I stop and look around and realize that I have clothes even if they aren't the most expensive, I will never starve, and I have an air conditioned roof over my head. I have a husband who works so hard to support us so I can stay home with Isabella. I am so thankful that I live in the "Land of the free and the home of the brave."

We had a great July 4th. Justin actually had the day off, so we did a little shopping and chilled at home. Justin's grandparents came over and took us out to eat at the Cracker Barrel and then joined us for some fireworks. We got rained out a little bit, but managed to light some fireworks off between cloud bursts.

White House did some bigger fireworks at 9:00 so Izzy had a late night. Luckily she loved watching the fireworks. She kept saying, "More, more." After about 20 minutes of watching the big show I asked her is she wanted more and she said, "All done." Poor girl, she was super tired and went right to bed. We were able to walk up the street to watch the fireworks. It was so nice to not be stuck in a car for an hour afterwards. Even though the show was small, I still loved it. Fireworks completely mesmerize me. I seriously could watch them all night.

6 comments:

Wendy P said...

That picture of Izzy is so cute. I love your blog. It's good to see you guys are doing well. I love the fourth as well, my boys were crazy for fireworks, Jack is still sad that the fourth is over.

The Miller's said...

How fun!!! I love her little 4th of July outfit. Grant had a new outfit for the 4th and I was going to take pictures but about 5 min after him wearing it he threw up every where.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Babigail. Hope your day was delightful!! Love you lots!

Carter Family said...

remember our awesome 4th of July in Hersh? That was probably my top 4th.
Bryce

Becca said...

Wow, that picture of Izzy is SO cute!

Dave and Mel said...

Hey Abs! I'm glad you liked the popcorn and that's fun you are in YW- so am I and I am loving it. Izzy is SO BIG and it looks like you guys are doing great. Happy Belated b-day and I totally remember our Friendly's sundaes three years ago!